Shalom, everyone! The following is a video by 2nachecki/YouTube presenting some amazing facts about the West African nation of Ghana:
- Ghana is located in West Africa. The word “Ghana” means “warrior king” in the Soninke language.
- Ghanaian culture places a lot of emphasis in hospitality, respect and good manners.
- The official language of Ghana is English. The Akan language is the second most widely spoken.
- Ghana was the first West African nation to gain its independence from Great Britain, doing so in 1957.
- Ghana has one of the world’s largest open-air markets in the city of Kumasi.
- Oil was discovered off Ghana’s Gold Coast in 2006.
- Ghana’s top exports are cocoa, gold and oil.
- Ghana ranked 11th in the world for gold production.
- Ghana’s major religions are Christianity, indigenous religions and Islam.
- Ghana has dangerous snakes, including cobras, puff adders and pythons.
Episode 2: Amazing Facts About Ghana Ghana, a nation on West Africa is known for diverse wildlife, old forts and secluded beaches, such as at Busua. Coastal towns Elmina and Cape Coast contain posubans , colonial buildings and castles-turned-museums that serve as testimonials to the slave trade. The country is also known as the Gold Coast.
Amazing Facts About Ghana – Facts Africa e2 – 2nacheki
Video from 2nacheki/YouTube